Wednesday 23 November 2011

Initial Design Ideas for Poster and Trailer

After doing my research on posters and film trailers, I decided to start drawing some of my own ideas for my poster and a story board for my trailer. 




For my initial ideas for my poster, I tried to stick with the theme of a game, which was what the film was based on. I started with five rough sketches and annotating each one with reasons behind my idea and what the poster represents. I then choose one of my five sketches and developed it, and choose this sketch eventually to be the main idea for my poster. 



My storyboard for my trailer was our original idea. However after a discussion between myself and my group we and after trying to film some of the harder scenes like scene two and three, we decided we needed to change it. Furthermore, we calculated that all of the scenes would total a time longer than we expected, averaging around two minutes in length, so we had to make some cuts. We removed scene two and three, so it would cut from scene one straight to scene four. We then added some inter text to explain more of the story and break up the scenes. We kept the scene five, however we removed scene six, and added several more quick scenes with sharp cuts in between each one. These new scenes helped expand the length of the trailer appropriately and also showed time passing. We followed this with scene seven, and added two more scenes at the end to finish off the trailer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment